What’s it like to work in Surfboard?
We believe fantastic companies are built by fantastic people. That’s why our culture is the foundation of all we do and our value is the bricks of the foundation
What we do at Surfboard Payments
At Surfboard Payments, we are building the next generation of payment experiences for our customers. We take the advantage of latest PCI-certified solutions, SPOC and CPOC, and architect intelligent experiences for our clients, ensuring wins for both merchants and customers. Our core expertise relies in curating an entire transformation that raises the in-store experience with the latest in technology.
We are a Swedish-Indian fintech startup based in Stockholm, Sweden, and Chennai, India.
We believe fantastic companies are built by fantastic people and are looking to expand the Surf squad with individuals that can lead the upcoming wave.
So, are you ready to bring in disruptive innovation in payments?
Here’s a sneak peek into our workspace:
One of our core products is ‘Surfboard Modules’, which is explained below:
- Surfboard Boarding, where you sign up and go through the Merchant onboarding, making you eligible to receive payments in your store.
- Surfboard Dashboard is where you can track transactions, manage your checkout terminals and set up campaigns that should run your screens. Inside the Dashboard, you’ll also find the store where you can order hardware like the card reader for chip and dip, different types of touchscreens (tablets, smartphones), and get them delivered within 24 hours.
- The third part is of course Surfboard Checkout, which is the software running in the new customer-facing screens in the store. Here everything is in sync with the Surfboard Dashboard, meaning the transactions are sent, whenever you activate a new payment method inside Surfboard Dashboard it will be published instantly to all of your screens (or chosen ones), and all the campaigns you set up in the Dashboard will run in these screens.
Everything we do is API-first. That means that you can get up and running in your current environment without any need to purchase new hardware in terms of screens and stands. We sell most of our products as white labels or APIs, allowing customers the option to build on top of it and ensure it suits their experience.
At Surfboard, we believe that “The right people make anything possible”. Yes, it’s true! We are a team of passionate engineers driven by cultural acumen and strong resilience surfing waves of trends and transformation in the industry. Our inclusive culture ensures that we value character as much as the success of our products. We are looking for surfers with the zeal to grow and make an impact in the days to come.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for Machine Learning engineers to build intelligent applications and bots for our products. We need our engineers to be versatile, exhibit leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to accelerate. If you also know data science and software engineering, we’d like to meet you.
The Role Responsibilities:
- Design and build machine learning and deep learning solutions to new problems.
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support complex web applications.
- Responsible for developing and deploying scalable AI Models
- Provide technical leadership to support the teams in defining strategic roadmaps
- Advocate and execute the best practices to ensure effective delivery of customer value
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in machine learning
- Experience in practicing secure development lifecycle
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling, and software architecture
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras, TensorFlow, or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Ability to independently navigate systems and tools
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Self-motivated, autonomous, and empathetic