What’s it like to work in Surfboard?
We believe fantastic companies are built by fantastic people. That’s why our culture is the foundation of all we do and our value is the bricks of the foundation
What we do at Surfboard Payments
At Surfboard Payments, we are building the next generation of payment experiences for our customers. We take the advantage of latest PCI-certified solutions, SPOC and CPOC, and architect intelligent experiences for our clients, ensuring wins for both merchants and customers. Our core expertise relies in curating an entire transformation that raises the in-store experience with the latest in technology.
We are a Swedish-Indian fintech startup based in Stockholm, Sweden, and Chennai, India.
We believe fantastic companies are built by fantastic people and are looking to expand the Surf squad with individuals that can lead the upcoming wave.
So, are you ready to bring in disruptive innovation in payments?
Here’s a sneak peek into our workspace:
One of our core products is ‘Surfboard Modules’, which is explained below:
- Surfboard Boarding, where you sign up and go through the Merchant onboarding, making you eligible to receive payments in your store.
- Surfboard Dashboard is where you can track transactions, manage your checkout terminals and set up campaigns that should run your screens. Inside the Dashboard, you’ll also find the store where you can order hardware like the card reader for chip and dip, different types of touchscreens (tablets, smartphones), and get them delivered within 24 hours.
- The third part is of course Surfboard Checkout, which is the software running in the new customer-facing screens in the store. Here everything is in sync with the Surfboard Dashboard, meaning the transactions are sent, whenever you activate a new payment method inside Surfboard Dashboard it will be published instantly to all of your screens (or chosen ones), and all the campaigns you set up in the Dashboard will run in these screens.
Everything we do is API-first. That means that you can get up and running in your current environment without any need to purchase new hardware in terms of screens and stands. We sell most of our products as white labels or APIs, allowing customers the option to build on top of it and ensure it suits their experience.
At Surfboard, we believe that “The right people make anything possible”. Yes, it’s true! We are a team of passionate engineers driven by cultural acumen and strong resilience surfing waves of trends and transformation in the industry. Our inclusive culture ensures that we value character as much as the success of our products. We are looking for surfers with the zeal to grow and make an impact in the days to come.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an EMV Technical Lead to develop and implement Surfboard’s testing for infrastructure, mobile apps and terminals in the payment space.
The Role Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the day-to-day activities overseeing the test strategies and certification processes for emerging payment technologies like SPOC/CPOC/3DS etc
- Understand the functional requirements on various types of payment solutions and develop and implement test plans and strategies to meet the requirements
- Development of EMV configuration files will be an important part of the role, combined with spreading EMV knowledge in the company
- Provide subject matter expertise through the business and interact with stakeholders for development, testing and compliance.
- Understanding on how to pass card brand certifications (CDET / VPTT / M-TIP and more)
- The ability to create EMV configuration files for different types of card terminals
- An understanding of EMVCo requirements
- Experience in development of mobile based solutions
- Ability to develop and implement testing programs to maintain certifications
- An understanding of PCI requirements
- Basic knowledge around HSM’s and cryptography
- Working knowledge of traditional hardware card terminals
- Experience in working with mobile based solutions such as wallets and payment applications
- Hands-on experience with 3D-Secure implementations